So far, I’m having a relaxing but amazing birthday today; cruising on my new Macbook Pro that I got 2 days ago. (side note: I just want to say that Macs are THE computer to go to…especially if you are looking into a career that involves media!)
2011 was a very interesting year for me. To keep this part of the post concise, I will only point out a few moments that happened to me this year.
- Accepted to Michigan State and Ohio State for masters in music comp.; enrolled at MSU.
- Runner-up in the MSU Composition Honors Competition.
- The première of the Saxophone Concerto which people/critics show that the Concerto is “the best piece written since Fantonium (2009)” and “the piece that raised the bar in the MSU comp. studio throughout” (quotation references are not mentioned from me unless you ask).
- First performance of a transcription performed by the Jackson Symphony Orchestra (Jackson, MI).
- Premiere of Concert Etudes I 11/1/2011
- Premiere of Four Days: I. Andante for tuba/euph trio arrangement. 11/16/2011
- Test Drive was born.
- Currently managing my tuba/euph studio.
…maybe that was more than a few moments, but as you can see, this was a great year for me. For 2012, I will push myself like I never have before and will attempt to meet high goals. My composition goals for 2012 are as follows:
- Win the MSU Honors Composition Competition (chamber ensemble).
- Get accepted into the Nebraska Institute of Music for this summer.
- Perform “The Two Siblings”, “Test Drive”, and others TBA.
- Compose for voice.
- Have a few pieces performed out-of-state.
- Have many of my pieces re-recorded for doctoral programs.
- Begin my thesis which is now TBA.
- Have a composition student.
Although many of these goals are not easy, I am more than willing to strive for perfection and reach these goals with no fear. I’m ready, 2012. Are you?